3 Ways to Save Money on Air Conditioning in Phoenix AZ
A major factor that all homeowners must deal with is the rising cost of energy consumption in Arizona. Everybody that lives in the Phoenix Valley understands that the biggest increase in monthly energy bills occurs during the summer season. This often stimulates an aggressive search for affordable ways to save money on air conditioning in Phoenix AZ – regardless of the size of your home. Fortunately, there are three simple summer energy saving tips you can do to improve the energy efficiency of your cooling unit and thus reduce the cost of your monthly budget.
Look into How You are Setting Your Thermostat While You’re Gone
It’s estimated by the US Department of Energy that homeowners will spend more than 60% of their lives inside their homes. Obviously, when it’s over 100 degrees outside, you want to be as comfortable as possible during this time – right? But what about that other 40 percent of the time when you’re out doing errands, at work or on vacation? This is often the time where energy consumption can be saved significantly. Here are a few tips that you can easily activate that will ensure you have optimal thermostat setting for Phoenix AZ homes:
- Set Up a Programmable Thermostat. Technology is wonderful, and now there are several programmable thermostats that can be customized to keep a home running extremely energy efficiently. Plus, many of these new devices are Wi-Fi enabled – allowing you to control the temperature inside your home from anywhere on the planet and through any mobile device that has internet access.
- Set Your Thermostat to a Comfortable Level. The US Department of Energy also states that the largest energy consumption time period caused by cooling units is when it has to cool a home more than 5 degrees. Although it might seem tempting to shut your cooling system off when you’re not home, the reality is that this will cause your AC system to run harder when you do arrive home – not only draining more wasted energy; but also taking forever to cool your home to a comfortable level. The solution here is to set your AC system to a comfortable temperature (perhaps 3 to 4 degrees higher than you typically like it) during hours you’re not home.
Install or Use Ceiling Fans
AC units are designed to circulate warm air from the home, into the system and then convert it to cooler air that is returned to the home. One of the best ways to expedite this smooth circulation of air is to install and actively use ceiling fans. Ceiling fans have two primary settings:
- Circulate air up to the ceiling
- Push air down to the floor
The best way to use a ceiling fans to cool homes is to draw the warmer air closer to the air ducts inside the home that send air to be cooled. This helps the AC system receive the air easier – causing less drag and making the process much more efficient all around. You can also use ceiling fans to circulate the cool air to all parts of your room; again – allowing you to maintain a consistent and comfortable temperature and reduce hot or cold spots.
Schedule Regular AC Maintenance Checkups
Just like any mechanical device, an air conditioning system needs to be properly maintained to ensure smooth operation. Taking time to contact a Phoenix-area HVAC service company to perform annual or bi-annual maintenance is the best way to keep your system running strong. During a routine service check-up, a professional Phoenix air conditioning companies will complete several items that can improve energy efficiency by as much as 40% including:
- Changing out all filters
- Checking and repairing any leaks
- Tighten up all fittings and hoses
- Removing any debris or blockages in the system
All of these maintenance items are designed to reduce any flow restrictions – thus improving the energy efficiency of your cooling system across the board. When you activate these three energy saving tips, you can save money on air conditioning in Phoenix AZ significantly.
Contact Hays Cooling Heating & Plumbing today at (602) 661-9350 or email us to learn more about home air conditioner tune-ups, maintenance and repair! It Pays To Call Hays!
Medications are dear, that’s why some families cannot order the drugs they need. What can folk get without prescription? Absolutely, the enumeration is very much large. Learn more about cialis 5mg cost. What is the most important data you must know about cialis 5mg reviews? Matters, like cialis 2.5mg, refer to numerous types of health problems. Most doctors rather believe the efficacy of Kamagra is well documented. A long list of common drugs can lead to erectile disfunction, including some blood pressure medicines, pain medicines, and some antidepressants. Preparatory to using Kamagra or any other medicine, discribe your physician your medicinal condition. Pharmacist may order other tests to rule out any health problems that may be contributing to the disfunction. Stop using this medicament and get medical help if you have sudden vision loss.
About the Author
Chris and Stacia Hays, are the founders of Hays Cooling, Heating & Plumbing; a family operated HVAC company in Phoenix founded in 2001 that services both commercial and residential customers. Chris leads a team of certified technicians who have over 45 years of combined experience and has earned and A+ rating with the BBB and a strong five star rating online. Hays Cooling, Heating & Plumbing focuses on providing support to their customers every step of the way, with exceptional service and competitive prices. If you are looking for top-notch air conditioning and heating service, contact Hays today.