Best Types of Air Conditioners for Intense Phoenix Summer Heat
Here is a question for you: what is the best AC unit built today? This is more of a trick question due to the fact that each AC system is built for specific applications. However, when it comes to weeding through all the different types of air conditioners on the market, there are a few that are better suited for specific homes, businesses or residential apartment complexes. If you’re considering installing a new cooling system, here are some of the best types of AC units made today – and they are great for handling the intense Arizona heat we get in summer.
Best Types of AC Units: Split Air Conditioning Units
If you were to take a poll of all the home owners in the Phoenix metro area, you’ll discover that more than half of the homes in The Valley of the Sun are cooled by split air conditioning units.
This type of HVAC system is comprised of two individual components:
- An exterior cooling system whose job it is to ‘chill’ the air that is circulated into the unit.
- An interior fan system, which is designed to circulate warm air from inside your home into the outdoor unit and then return cooler air into your home after the exterior cooling system has done its job.
This type of cooling system is popular for many different reasons:
- The general construction layout of newer homes. Most new homes in Arizona are made to withstand the intense summer heat while operating energy efficiently. A split AC unit is very good at handling the intense heat and is the primary type of cooling system installed in newer homes.
- They are easy to maintain. The biggest hassle with maintaining and servicing interior or roof cooling systems is getting access to the actual unit for repair. However, a split system is easy for AC companies to work on since it’s often installed on the side or back yard of a home.
- Split AC units are best suited for the single or multiple story homes we have in the Phoenix metro area.
Choosing a Brand
The next most popular question asked by new AC shoppers is which brand is best suited to handle the extreme heat here in Phoenix? This one is a little easier to answer as it’s based on one simple fact – which company builds cooling systems built to last?
The top 2 HVAC brands when it comes to direct consumer reviews:
- Trane Air Conditioning Units
- Lennox Air Conditioning Units
Each of these is made with high-grade materials, assembled by professional technicians and built to operate efficiently. They are all installed by certified specialists and can be maintained and serviced by the same company that installs them with ease.
We know that options available to home owners for buying and installing new AC system is extremely vast. Regardless of the types of air conditioners that are available, the key is to buy one that is perfect for your specific application. To determine this, contact your local Phoenix HVAC Contractors. They’ll steer you in the right direction.
Contact Hays Cooling Heating & Plumbing today at (602) 661-9350 or email us to learn more about home air conditioner tune-ups, maintenance, repair and installation services today! It Pays To Call Hays!
Read related articles:
- What HVAC Brands Offer A High Efficiency Furnace For Phoenix?
- Do I need a 3-Ton Air Conditioner? Picking The Right Size AC Unit
- Top Summer Air Conditioning Tips To Keep Your Energy Bills Cool