Air Conditioning Compressor Replacement: What To Expect
One of the most complex systems manufactured today is an Air Conditioning unit. Just like any other mechanical device, the complete system functions best when all moving parts work in conjunction. However, one of the hardest parts to replace is an AC Compressor. And when it comes to air conditioning compressor replacement in Arizona, there are a few things you should expect and a few tips you can use to ensure the replacement is done professionally and with as little down time as possible.
Tip #1 – Understand How An AC Compressor Works
When you arrive home to a hot house, the first thought is often, “Well, the entire AC system is broken.” However, this is not always the case. In fact, sometimes it can be a minor part that is not properly aligned or a valve that is stuck. And sometimes it can be the Air Conditioner compressor. Here is how these units work.
- Refrigerant gas is transformed into a high-temperature and high-pressure formula in the condensing coil.
- The oil inside the condensing unit cools this gas into a liquid state from the use of a blower or fan operated by the AC compressor.
- If the AC compressor is not properly maintained, then the cool air will not transfer through the home and the entire compressor unit needs to be replaced or repaired.
As you can see, the AC compressor is a vital part of the entire operation of the complete AC system. So keeping them serviced frequently is a great way to avoid compressor replacement in the future.
Tip #2 – Understand your Options
When you contact an HVAC service in Phoenix professional to inspect your AC unit, they will often thoroughly inspect the system to define exactly what is wrong with your individual unit. If they determine that the issue is the AC compressor, you’ll have a few options to explore including:
- Replacing the AC compressor with a new unit
- Repairing the old AC compressor (if possible)
- Installing a new AC compressor that is designed to last longer
However, no matter which option you choose, the most important option you’ll be given is to have a routine maintenance service plan to keep this vital component running strong – especially when it’s above 100-degrees outside.
Tip #3 – Always Work with Dependable and Highly Rated AC Compressor Replacement Experts
Finally, the best way to protect any investment is to work with quality-driven professionals in any industry. This is especially important when you’re having your AC compressor replaced. A certified and licensed contractor that is highly reviewed by previous customers is a smart choice to complete most AC compressor repairs. And there are a few things you should verify with any contractor before hiring them including:
- Make sure they are licensed, insured and bonded in the State of Arizona
- Ensure that they are certified as APS and SRP Qualified Contractors
- Verify their credentials online on websites like Kudzu.com.
If you follow these simple tips, then you’ll feel much more confident having any air conditioning compressor replacement service completed on time and always at pricing you can afford.
Read more articles about air conditioning maintenance:
- Most Common HVAC Repair Questions In Phoenix Arizona
- Important Steps For A Smooth HVAC System Replacement In Phoenix
- Should I Repair Or Replace My AC Unit?